Seeing things your way for better business results, customized scheduling and bottom line savings
- Our floor management approach & structure is designed to intersect seamlessly with your own in the planning, operations, reporting, restoring and proactive responsiveness in the long-term protection of your floors and carpets.
- Floor care audits conducted by our top executives provide us with the knowledge and understanding of facilities, offices and operations necessary to design full plans for proactive floor care maintenance within your budget parameters.
- We are staffed to provide full floor services to single and multiple locations within one or numerous geographic areas.
- No matter how large the scope of floor cleaning, repair & protection services that we provide to you, we offer you the convenience and efficiency of a single, centralized point of contact, accessible by phone, email or fax from which we can meet your local, regional or nationwide office / facility needs
- We feature reporting systems that are tailored in content and methodology to meet your specific requirements, management and expectations.
After graduating from Temple University in 1987, David entered the hospitality industry with Marriott International. It was there that he learned some of the businesses’ most important lessons: “The customer is always right” and one that he has been saying for years, “It’s YOUR money, you tell me what you want.” In 1995 David brought those hospitality principles to the commercial floor cleaning & restoration industry.
In the early years, David would work the phones during the day generating business and then get in an old, used van and go clean the floors overnight. Over the past 26 years, he has grown Scher Flooring Services (SFS) in both the services offered and its geographic scope.
Today, SFS cleans and restores virtually every type of floor covering found in the commercial environment, from carpet and tile to wood and stone, garnering the motto: “If You Walk On It, We Clean It”. They proudly claim satisfied clients from north of Baltimore to south of Washington, DC, and as far west as West Virginia.
In 2021, David announced that his oldest son Andrew, a recent University of Maryland graduate, was joining the company. With the second generation of Scher on board, David looks to the future with excited optimism.
Andrew grew up surrounded by flooring “industry talk” whether on the sales side or the service side. His mother, Gail Rosenberg, represents the sales side. Her thirty-plus years selling commercial flooring throughout the Washington DC area gave Andrew a unique perspective. But it was the lure of entrepreneurialism that drew him to the service side.
After graduating from the University of Maryland with a BS in Kinesiology, Andrew put aside his thoughts of pursuing a career in physical therapy and joined his father at Scher Flooring Services (SFS). Today, as Sales Manager, Andrew interacts with clients large and small. He can often be found on-site, inspecting clients’ cleaning and restoration challenges and creating annual maintenance programs. The product knowledge that he gained from his mother coupled with the decades of cleaning services offered by SFS put Andrew in a unique position to take Scher Flooring Services to new heights.